Senior Software Engineer (Front End) at Harry's Inc.
Harry’s is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Front End) to join our team!
About the Team
Harry's is a next-generation consumer packaged goods company focused on expanding and strengthening our DTC brands.The engineering team launches and maintains the software that supports these brands. We value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
The engineering team at Harry's is responsible for building full-stack services to support all e-commerce activities. These systems range from order and fulfillment systems, to customer facing websites.
About the Role
We're looking for a senior software engineer who is interested in e-commerce and cares about providing a quality experience to our users.
This role is part of the front end engineering team, which powers harrys.com shopflamingo.com and shopheadquarters.com. You’ll also contribute to internal tools and our component library, the Forge.You’ll work closely with product management and design teams to achieve business goals, while driving engineering excellence and best practices in our engineering organization. The systems and software you build will help us serve thoughtful and delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
We use cutting-edge technologies like GraphQL, TypeScript, and Gatsby, and deploy many times a day. Don’t worry if you’re not familiar with any or all of those yet –– we have a strong culture of mentorship at Harry’s and we’ll support you as you get up to speed.
What you will accomplish:
- Works effectively autonomously and collaborates within small teams as necessary to create high quality work products.
- Emerging leader starting to demonstrate ability to lead small teams through the delivery of defined deliverables.
- Will inspire the team to share ideas and creatively solve problems. When working autonomously, will use the opportunity to create clear and complete examples (exemplars), frameworks, or other auxiliary work products to enhance the ability of others to work autonomously or in collaborative teams.
- Work with all the engineers across the squads to ensure that our front-end code reflects our high standards of quality and practice.
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure that user-facing features are executed in a way that accurately reflects the intention and eye for detail of those teams, while still applying our standards and rigor to that process.
- Build high-quality, high-value software, and be an advocate for front-end technologies across the engineering team.
Requirements for the role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar (or equivalent non-traditional training) and 3+ years experience
- Demonstrates close working relationships with “back-end” engineers and understands how best to integrate a front-end toolchain into a modern web stack.
- Experience and willingness to work closely with our designers to build enjoyable UIs that will delight our customers.
- Excitement about delivering high quality products.
The type of engineer we’re looking for:
- You’re always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- You have a sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
- You work effectively autonomously and collaborate within small teams as necessary to create high quality work products.
- You inspire the team to share ideas and creatively solve problems. When working autonomously, you use the opportunity to create clear and complete examples, frameworks, or other auxiliary work products to enhance the ability of others to work autonomously or in collaborative teams.
The tools you will use:
We’d love if you had:
- Experience with TypeScript, GraphQL and Gatsby
- Experience working on NodeJS applications
- Experience working with back-end engineers
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of the frontend engineering team
- Working with the new brands engineering team
- Cross-functionally working with our infrastructure services backend engineers
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered and able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized and able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more. #BI-Remote