Senior Software Engineer, Front End at Casper
At Casper, we design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer focused on Front End to join the site experience/e-commerce team. You'll be an integral part of a fast-moving tech team, focused on engineering the best customer experience imaginable. You’ll help us build new digital experiences to support our suite of products using a modern tech stack, including React, Redux, Webpack and Styled Components to create a world-class shopping experience for customers around the world.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Work closely with Creative and Digital Product to launch products and create delightful experiences that impress our growing customer base
- Deliver high quality peer-reviewed code that follows best practices
- Review code written by teammates and lead technical decision making
- Set and achieve personal goals that further your technical and mentorship skills to level up the team
- Able to bring designs to life developing with our Styled Components driven style framework and CMS integration. Experience with Contentful is a plus.
- Performance-minded. You code within the constraints of web performance best practices and tradeoffs.
- Well-versed in integrating with and deploying AWS services in production
- Proactive. You can independently seek out answers and own project responsibilities
- Excellent at giving and receiving feedback from others that promotes a collaborative and humble working culture
- A clear communicator that can reduce ambiguity and promote transparency with team members and co-workers
- Experience working with server-side rendering (e.g. Next.js or Gatsby) a big bonus!!
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, and virtual programs like apps for meditation and mindfulness.
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!