Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) - Design Systems - Tock (Remote) at Squarespace
The Tock Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) - Design Systems to help us define, build, and maintain the implementation of Tock's design system, Bamboo. You will collaborate directly with a small team of designers and engineers to develop patterns, build components, and evolve Bamboo. You will help drive its adoption across multiple teams of software engineers and product designers.
You will report directly to the Director of Engineering and will be a full-time remote position.
All Tock employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
You'll Get To
- You will build components for cutting-edge web applications using TypeScript and React and following WAI-AA standards.
- You will build components with significant requirements outside the presentation layer, using an approach that accommodates these functional concerns.
- You will work with designers and engineers to build Bamboo and evolve our existing UI to use it.
- You will build scalable and informative documentation in the form of references, guides, and code comments while strengthening Bamboo at each step.
- You will help improve the entire engineering team's processes around building UI and using Bamboo.
- Experience with React, TypeScript, Figma, Storybook, or as a designer is a plus.
Who We're Looking For
- At least 4 years of experience building highly used UI on the frontend of the web.
- Experience leading in building the frontend of a design system and driving its adoption.
- A specialist and advocate for the frontend of the web
- Thrives in the execution of details
- Eager to lead and collaborate with teammates across departments
- User-focused problem solver. Prioritizes the needs of a user while building engineering tools.
- Seeks to understand the needs of peers and creates considerate solutions that accommodate varying concerns across teams.
- Motivated by desires for consistency, efficiency, and quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan for all employees
- 401k with employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Charitable donation match
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" in 2021
- Awarded Built In's "Best Places to Work" in 2020, 2021, and 2022
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the only all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.