Senior Software Engineer - Frontend, Squarespace Labs at Squarespace
The Labs team is looking for a Senior or Staff Software Engineer who enjoys taking ownership of product programs and carrying them from concept to production.
Squarespace Labs is a cross-functional team aimed at exploring new ideas by releasing experimental features across current and future product lines. This is an empowered team that does product discovery for longer-term opportunities, leverages new technology, and embraces external trends. Labs is a small team consisting of Product, Design, and Engineering (that's you!) Lead that can take projects from the idea stage through final delivery. You will report to our Engineering Manager, Squarespace Labs based in our NYC Headquarters.
Partner up with Labs to explore strange new tech, to seek out new customers, and to boldly go where no tech company has gone before…
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Take a lead role with the product manager, design lead, and potentially other engineers.
- Perform a combination of design, rapid prototyping and development for products and features, integrated into the Squarespace interface.
- Prototype and refine existing features and products.
- Develop features and create fulfilling user experiences.
- Alone, or in collaboration with other teams, implement production features based on validated prototypes.
- Write both client side (frontend) and server-side (backend) code.
- Participate in brainstorms, bringing a solutions-oriented mindset.
- Help define success criteria for new/improved features.
- Present ideas and prototypes to leadership and other teams.
- Help identify potential supporting members to join the Labs initiative.
- A sincere commitment to creating readable, reliable, and well tested code
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, and CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up-to-date with the newest technologies
- Have an eye for detailed design and can accomplish a variety of aesthetics and styles
- Development experience in Java, C++, C#, Python, Go or another Object-oriented language. Experience developing large-scale software
- Experience with web application development and best practices
- Experience releasing and managing public projects
- Comfortable working with uncertainty
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience at Squarespace with a deep understanding of the platform, systems, and organization is plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.