Senior Software Engineer, Frontend at CLEAR
CLEAR's mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor's office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums and venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person's digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We're defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC's Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Technology team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, and loves to engage with the developer community. In this role, you will be building consumer focused kiosk/device front end biometric experiences that will be used to enroll members. You will be interfacing with our cloud native services hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
What you will do:
- As a Sr. Frontend Engineer, you will be the technical leader developing & maintaining the front end application.
- Uncover requirements working closely with product managers; suggest technical designs necessary to implement features and get teams’ buy in.
- Work closely with a talented team of engineers, product managers, and UX designers to build React based user experiences that are easy to use.
- Define and establish best practices for testing and designing reusable code.
- Be influential in making architectural, design, and technical stack recommendations within the team.
- Balance feature development with tech debt and ensure the code is well tested, readable, maintainable and free of regression defects.
- Drive the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improving the performance and security of the application.
Who you are:
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
- Experience in developing & enhancing large front end applications.
- Experience with Agile methodologies is required.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask.
- Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on libraries, frameworks, and toolsets.
- Able to provide technical guidance to other less experienced members of the team.
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
- Curious about technology and believe in constant learning.