We are looking for senior full-stack engineers who are passionate about building successful products to join our growing team.
As a senior full-stack software engineer on the e-commerce Logistics and Order Experience team, you will work on multiple platforms responsible for supporting a simple and intuitive interface for Members to manage their own Order Experience. You will also integrate our platforms with different fulfillment providers to provide delivery scheduling capabilities and order status updates to our members.IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Have a strong technical voice in team discussions and decisions.
- Assume technical responsibility for new services and functionality, lookout for opportunities for platform improvement, and work with engineers to scale our production systems.
- Contribute to the adoption of software architecture and new technologies.
- Lead, coach, pair with, and mentor backend software engineers.
- Actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming, whiteboarding solutions, team discussions to work as a team rather than working in isolation.
- Help to evolve our system, organically without over-engineering, to promote simplicity, and working software.
- Promote constant refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible.
- Promote iterative development, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring to ensure confidence in our release process
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our product managers and stakeholders.
- Partner with our SRE and infrastructure teams to scale and monitor our services.
- You have at least eight years of software development experience.
- You have at least two demonstrable experiences in leading full-stack deployments of systems into production.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- You have a love for clean, elegant code.
- You have an understanding of agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- You have an understanding of testing and CI/CD.
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming design principles.
- Experience with distributed systems, CI/CD (ex: Jenkins) tools, and containerizing applications (ex: Kubernetes).
- Experience with multiple database engines (Postgres, MySql).
- Familiar with at least one backend framework like Django, Rails, Spring, or similar.
- Familiar with observability.
- Capacity to work in high growth, fast-paced environments, and can adapt to change.
- You have an expert understanding of industry best practices and standards.
- You have excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about.
- Experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have tried Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience with or knowledge of DDD, CQRS, and Event Sourcing.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business stakeholders to understand the problem space better.
- You worked on a system that had to deal with internationalization and localization.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.