Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack PHP
Acuity, a Squarespace company, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our collaborative engineering team responsible for the end-to-end development of our Acuity application and the long-term vision of Acuity.
Acuity is loved by tens of thousands of businesses who schedule millions of appointments. We’ve thrived for over a decade by understanding our customers and thinking creatively about technical ways to solve their needs. We are looking for someone who cares more about technology as a way to support our customers than an end in itself.
- Develop and maintain new features for the Acuity Scheduling application
- Collaborate with design, product, and customer operations to understand why we build the features we do
- Help the team improve the existing codebase by promoting thoughtful design patterns and testing solutions
- Monitor releases and communicate new changes to customers and customer support
- Scale and improve the performance of the application and database
- Participate in weekly all-hands support to intimately understand our customers
- Collaboration with remote engineering, product and customer support teams
- Contribute to team processes as we continue to grow
- 5+ years of web application development experience
- Experience with PHP development on a variety of frameworks including vanilla PHP
- Experience with HTML and CSS
Acuity Scheduling allows customers to offer online booking and effortlessly manage their appointments. Acuity, which became a Squarespace company in 2019, is a market leader, serving more than 90,000 businesses of all sizes and handling tens of millions of appointments each year. Our mission is to make scheduling easy, so our customers have more time to run their businesses and live their lives.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends engineers to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.