Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Senior Software Engineer
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com.
To help us achieve our goals, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. You will leverage your knowledge to develop new consumer focused products using modern Engineering such as Agile development, Continuous Integration and Deployment, Microservices, etc. As a Senior Software Engineer at WW, your code, designs and decisions will be highly visible, and will directly impact and delight our users.
* Program daily in Node.js, Express, React, Apollo PHP and others.
* Build out restful endpoints and lightweight aggregation layers.
* Build out unit tests and other automated tests.
* Build out new features and iterate on existing features.
* Design and implement low-latency, high-availability and performant applications
* Help define architectures and design patterns.
* Participate in code reviews.
* Answer technical inquiries on code base and product requirements.
* Lead the way with writing programmatic unit tests.
* Real world web and service development experience.
* Experience with de-coupled multi-tiered CMS systems.
* Deep experience with content modeling.
* Experience with modern frameworks such as React, Node.js, Express.
* Experience with web services API integration (GraphQL, Rest, JSON, XML).
* Experience with HTML & CSS frameworks such as bootstrap.
* Understanding of general user experience and UI design principles.
* Ability to understand requirements and map to technical implementation.
* Relational and/or NoSQL database experience such as MySQL, Postgres, Mongodb or Cassandra.
* Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
* Strong track record of shipping products.
* Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN, etc.
* Experience with Docker and Amazon Web Services a plus.
* Experience with open source Content Management Systems such as Drupal, Wordpress, Keystone are all pluses.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Experience in mentoring and leading other Engineers.
* Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background.
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the industry
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.