Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack at Harry's
About the Team
Harry's is a next-generation consumer packaged goods company focused on expanding and strengthening our DTC brands.The engineering team launches and maintains the software that supports these brands. We value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
The engineering team at Harry's is responsible for building full-stack services to support all e-commerce activities. These systems range from order and fulfillment systems, to customer facing websites.
About the Role
We're looking for a senior software engineer who is interested in e-commerce and cares about providing a quality experience to our users.
You’ll be joining Harry’s DTC engineering team, which powers harrys.com and our internal tools. You’ll act as a versatile contributor able to work in both the frontend and backend of our application. You’ll work closely with product management and design teams to achieve business goals, while driving engineering excellence and best practices in our engineering organization. The systems and software you build will help us serve thoughtful and delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
What you will accomplish:
- Build high-quality, high-value software and be an advocate for engineering best practices across the engineering team.
- Work closely with Product and Design to ensure that user-facing features are executed in a way that accurately reflects the intention and eye for detail of those teams, while still applying our standards and rigor to that process.
- Plan out and execute new features and initiatives.
- Contribute to our agile planning, code reviews, testing methodology, and on-call systems, and think critically and constructively about how to improve and shape those processes.
Requirements for the role:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar (or equivalent non-traditional training) and 3+ years experience.
- You have worked heavily across the stack in large-scale, high-visibility web applications.
- Experience with React and Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- You have experience with unit and feature testing, CI/CD processes, and web performance.
The type of engineer we’re looking for:
- You are pragmatic and understand the trade-offs in making technical and architectural decisions.
- You are always seeking opportunities to improve your own work.
- You are humble, and leave your ego at the door. You are able to take feedback gracefully and act on it, as well as give thoughtful feedback.
- You are enthusiastic about being a resource for the people on your team.
- You’re looking to drive tangible impact in your next career opportunity.
- You understand that building software is a team effort and an ongoing endeavor.
- You have a passion for solving complex and tough problems and thrive in a culture of innovation.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.