Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a seasoned Senior Software Engineer with the ability to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering high quality code and architecture both on the frontend and backend. The Full Stack Engineer will interface with a variety of teams prototyping brand new products as well as maintaining and developing our user facing desktop and mobile applications. You will work in a collaborative environment where creativity and innovation are critical to success.
- Prototyping potential future products
- Working on creating dynamic web UIs while simultaneously solving scalability problems and scaling complex business logic
- Utilization of back-end programming languages, specifically Java
- Working on both mobile and desktop applications
- Work with the product teams to understand end-user needs, formulate use cases, and then translate into pragmatic and effective technical solutions
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop seamless, user friendly end results
- Quality is a must, you care about the end product and the process of getting there
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience in backend development with Java
- Experience in database integration
- Experience with client-side user interface frameworks: Angular 2+ is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice