Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums and venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with considerable backend experience in creating APIs and Platforms that application developers across CLEAR will use. You’ll be stewarding and enhancing a front end application development platform which helps developers write biometric applications running on tablets and devices. This role offers an exciting opportunity to create and iterate on new versions of the platform while influencing architecture, and tackling our unique technical challenges. This is an amazing opportunity to help drive growth of our product and our team.
What You Will Do:
- Build reusable components using Typescript for other product teams to leverage so they can build biometric applications.
- Integrate with Facial recognition hardware, thermal cameras, Proximity Sensors, RFID sensors, Iris Scanners, Document Scanners and other hardware devices
- Extend the biometric application platform to deliver better Observability for the products running on it
- Drive technology improvements to help our systems evolve with our needs
- Write clear and well-tested code and help our team do the same
- Conduct code reviews and seek out opportunities to mentor
- Help the team execute against our product roadmap and goals
Who You Are:
- You are someone who cares about the customer experience as much as the technical quality of your delivery.
- Have experience developing and deploying APIs for other developers to consume
- You believe in the importance of learning and mentoring in a high-performing team
- You enjoy working across the entire stack including infrastructure
- You have familiarity working in an AWS environment
- You share our focus on privacy and security.