Senior Software Engineer - Generalist at Imagen Technologies (Remote)
Imagen enables Primary Care providers to become technology-enabled multispecialty practices, powering a successful transition from fee-for-service to value-based care. Imagen’s comprehensive platform includes in-office diagnostic testing, diagnostic interpretations powered by proprietary FDA-cleared machine learning software, and virtual specialist consults. Imagen’s platform empowers Primary Care providers to achieve healthcare’s quadruple aim of increasing quality, lowering costs, and improving the patient and provider experience.
Imagen’s team includes over 100 clinical, technical and business personnel. Imagen’s software has received first-of-its-kind FDA clearances, and its research has been published in leading peer-reviewed journals. Imagen has raised $135 million in capital from investors such as Google Ventures, Casdin Capital, and Threshold Ventures. Imagen was founded in 2015 and is based in New York City.
We're looking for an experienced software engineer to build novel web and data products that power out AI-based medical devices to substantially change how healthcare is delivered. Our ideal teammate is someone who wants to build technology that will directly save patient lives. You bias towards impact over elegance and hold the patient above all else. You are highly technical and have a track record of making impactful contributions on challenging problems.
- Be curious and learn the space. Here, that's developing an understanding of modern machine learning, radiology, and medical diagnostics.
- Take ownership. Help us figure out what we should be building and how to build it right
- Deliver high-quality work. Our teams work on a variety of products, including products used by doctors to provide care, deep data pipelines to create ML models and generate insights, and first-of-kind AI medical devices to reduce misdiagnoses and improve the patient experience
- Mission-driven and passionate about building technology that will directly save patient lives
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and hold ambiguity, navigating and communicating short- and long-term trade-offs
- 5+ years of professional software development experience with exposure to best practices, ideally across various teams and environments
- Good judgment, and a sharp thinking cap
- BS in Computer Science or a related field, or comparable experience
Note: Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that the position may not be performed remotely from the State of Colorado.
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.