Senior Software Engineer, Growth
What you'll do:
- Build product! You’ll contribute to features that help our global users easily join and engage with the platform.
- Participate in daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives with the team (we work in agile here).
- Review code with best practices of readability, testing patterns, documentation, and performance considerations in mind
- Mentor your teammates and help them grow and develop their skills.
- Work closely with other engineers, along with our product, design, and data teams.
Why we're excited about you:
- You’re an experienced engineer with a proven history of working across the stack and building product at scale.
- You’re ready to work with an existing code base, and can pick up new languages as needed.
- You bring best practices in architecture, code quality, testing and technical documentation to the table, and are ready to share them with the team.
- You are a natural collaborator and excited about technical mentorship.
- You’re passionate about the user, and eager to help us build the best possible core product for all of our teachers and students.
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: A solid core experience is the foundation of a strong business, and this team is at the heart of it.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.