Senior Software Engineer, Growth
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
The Growth Team is focused on expanding the reach and influence of Teachers Pay Teachers by optimizing our marketplace of teaching resources. We’re currently supporting our recent launch of TpT ClassFund, which allows teachers to access more TpT resources with the help of their family, friends, and community.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’d be responsible for engineering design, development, and production monitoring/support. You’ll help support and mentor your teammates, and collaborate with other teams on larger-scale and reusable projects. You’ll dive into data to discover new insights and ideas and work with our PM and designers to help shape product solutions. TpT ClassFund is a new project with strong support from the TpT organization, and you’ll help shape and build it with us!
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in development at scale
- Experience with building, scaling, and monitoring resilient systems
- Enjoys working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Comfortable with mentoring teammates, communicating, and teaching your learnings
Extra Credit For:
- Experience with ed-tech, marketplaces, or product growth/optimization
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source contributor
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.