We are looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer I, UI who shares our passion for making complex applications appear simple for our customers. We’ll give you the freedom to do what you do best, so you should feel comfortable owning your work from start to finish, as well as bringing fresh ideas to the table that can make our products, development experience, and team better. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with designers, product managers, and other engineers across the stack to make ideas a reality. Our current stack consists of React, TypeScript, and GraphQL, though we also continue to support our legacy Ember application.What You’ll Be Doing:
- As part of our UI Infrastructure team, working with the product UI Engineering and UX teams to coordinate efforts around, evolve standards for, and improve our component library of record
- Collaborating with Product and Design to improve user experience through bolstering our accessibility and performance efforts, with simplicity for our customers as a core value
- Writing clean, maintainable, and testable code and reusable components
- Building new, efficient, and scalable front-end applications that will interface with public and internal APIs
- Working with backend teams to solve complex problems
- Mentoring engineers to help them grow
- Passion for our customers and the products we build for them
- Significant experience using, building, and curating component systems
- Experience with Storybook, or similar UI component explorers
- Experience in product Frontend development working closely with Backend developers and services, Product Management, and Design/UX.
- Strong experience building and deploying single-page applications at scale
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!