Senior Software Engineer (Infrastructure) - Authentication - New York Hub at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:33 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, August 5, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our New York City office - it’s up to you.
Veeva’s Vault Platform enables rapid development of enterprise applications for our Life Sciences customers. Vault applications, which are built on the Vault platform, enable our customers to run and manage clinical trials, ensure compliance with regulations, safely manufacture and produce life-saving medicines, and more.
Authentication is a critical platform component that needs to be available 24-7-365 and is currently distributed across four different regions around the world. To make it more reliable and efficient, we are building immutability into the Authentication infrastructure.
We are seeking Senior Software Engineers who are passionate about designing and implementing a highly available, distributed, and secure system on a cloud platform. The work you do will provide immutability across the application and database layers, including building database replication chains and the containerization of backend services.
You will be responsible for utilizing a diverse set of cloud and open-source technologies to deliver a massively scalable, robust, highly available, and immutable Authentication platform that powers all the applications built on Veeva Vault.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to complex problems
- Optimize and improve existing infrastructure, architecture, and processes to take advantage of cloud platforms
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, to support and maintenance
- Design and build systems that are scalable, highly available, and easily maintainable
- Build multi-tenant RESTful services at scale
- Hands-on programming experience with many AWS APIs and technologies: EC2, IAM, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Container Service, S3, EBS, VPC, Security Groups
- 5+ years of commercial software development in Java
- Experience in configuring and developing with MySQL, including building replication chains and working with multi-master setup
- Current hands-on development experience with open-source technologies: Memcached, Spring, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, Linux.
- Experience with scripting such as Linux Shell, Python.
- Experience with Immutable Infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code patterns and technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Vagrant.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience with building enterprise software for business
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Experience with Authentication protocols such as SAML, OAUTH/OIDC
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]