Senior Software Engineer - Internal Tools at Peloton
Peloton's System Engineering team is looking for an experienced, well-rounded Senior Software Engineer to work on our Internal Tools and Automated Verification team. In this role, you will directly take responsibility for the quality of the product and work closely with Software/Hardware developers, Product Management and help teams cultivate a quality mindset, coach and advocate for quality while assisting teams with software testing practices.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Ability to mentor, coach and lead other team members
- Solid understanding of Java/Kotlin for Android development
- Solid understanding of Git/Gerrit
- Solid understanding of threading, memory management and architecture patterns
- Experience designing, implementing and/or debugging systems software or complex embedded firmware
- Good Analytical skills to work with developers for troubleshooting, peer review and test automation scenarios
- Good reporting skills to consolidate various automated test reports into meaningful dashboard(s) for quick access by the broader team
- Experience working in a CI environment
- Experience in automated test frameworks such as Espresso
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Build test frameworks and help set up automation infrastructure for Peloton systems
- Perform low-level debugging and testing of firmware/System OS/applications
- Contribute to the development of verification strategy, test design, and test infrastructure
- Participate actively in bug/issue triage with the feature teams and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- Work with teams to understand test automation gaps and implement coverage
- Assist in driving adoption of best practices in testing and maintainability
- Create tools to validate OS libraries
- Review output from static analysis tools and assist in resolving defects
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Hands on experience with Linux, Python and C/C++
- Hands on experience with the Android OS
- Hands on experience with setting up and configuring Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience interacting with REST API for test reporting
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.