Senior Software Engineer - iOS
Squarespace is seeking a Senior Software Engineer - iOS to join our small, collaborative team responsible for the end-to-end development of our iOS applications and the long-term vision of Squarespace on mobile devices. This role reports to our Engineering Manager in New York City.
- Prototype new app and feature ideas and explore new technologies that are at the forefront of mobile technology
- Design and implement new features, create UI, debugging, data modeling
- Collaborate across disciplines with team members representing product, design, web development, and server side engineering
- Maintain apps, listen to community and fix issues that arise
- Mentor software engineers at varying levels of experience
- Expertise in Git, Objective-C, Swift and Cocoa
- Strong understanding of interactive application development paradigms, memory management, network programming, and concurrency
- Experience with ReactiveCocoa and MVVM a plus
- Have published one or more well-regarded applications in the Apple app store
- Well-versed in client/server architectures
- Passionate about end-to-end user experience design
- Knowledge of iOS SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience mentoring other engineers, and the desire to lead
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. For more than a decade, we’ve empowered millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs building the world’s most iconic businesses — to take control of their online presence like never before. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, Squarespace sets the new standard for modern publishing.
Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.