Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Pager is a rapidly growing NYC health-tech startup looking for a Senior Software Engineer, iOS to develop mobile solutions for our suite of patient and clinician facing products. The ideal candidate’s prior work experience reflects high standards for engineering with proven capabilities. The candidate possess the ability to take on important business challenges and execute them with precision and quality.
- Architect and build advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Maintain code quality and high standards of development
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work closely with engineers and product team members to plan, built and test new mobile functionality
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team that includes engineers, product managers and product designers
- 4+ years of experience as a developer for native iOS applications
- You have shipped multiple products to the Apple Store.
- Experience building third party libraries
- Expertise working with RESTful Architecture/Networking
- Experience with modern source code management (git)
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical teammates
- BA/BS degree, preferably in a technical field (Computer Science, IT, etc) or equivalent practical experience
- Advanced experience working with iOS framework
- Strong unit testing experience
- Experience with HIPAA and strong security practices
- Ability to integrate concepts and methodologies into concrete product implementations
- Ability to move at hyper-startup-speed in a high-energy environment with high expectations
- Ability to work independently and quickly, but cares about precision and details, doing whatever it takes to get the job done
- Encouraged to take risks and push yourself to new heights
- Ability to estimate, plan and prioritize own tasks
- Extremely detail-oriented
ABOUT PAGER ENGINEERING
Autonomy, decentralized decision making, mobile, Node.js, RabbitMQ, microservices, security, continuous integration, pragmatic, code quality, open source, diverse are just a few words to describe what Pager Engineering is made of.
Our engineering team is composed of over 20 engineers across multiple disciplines including mobile, web, backend and machine learning. You will have a chance to work with individuals who are very passionate about their craft and share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes only full-time engineers who are located in New York City and around the world.
Founded by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs from successful start-ups (Uber, Teladoc, Gilt, One Medical Group, Buzzfeed), we are passionate about improving access to high quality and personal health care.
From long days of perfecting a great product to long nights of happy hours and group dinners, we are looking for someone smart, energetic, and fun to join our tight-knit and growing team.
A passion for health care is not necessary to apply; however, a passion for improving the lives of people and living a better life through technology is a must.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.