Senior Software Engineer (iOS) at WeWork Technology
About the Role
WeWork is hiring an iOS Engineer to work on applications that connect our members both socially and professionally. For a passionate and motivated engineer, this is an exciting opportunity to work on new technologies that connect software with the physical world. We are building products that better connect our members with our spaces (think Internet of things) and each other to help them connect, grow and ultimately be more successful. This position will come with a lot of responsibility and the right person will be expected to deliver at a high pace, with high reward.
The Engagement mission is responsible for delivering technology that creates intelligent environments and connected, consciously-engineered communities for every space in the world. Our team is interested in increasing lifetime value, satisfaction productivity, and building engaging community models in smart environments. Community & connections is a product area within the Engagement mission that gives our members superpowers to connect with the people and things which will make them happy, successful, and lifetime WeWorkers. We are able to do this primarily through the WeWork App (Android, iOS, web) and its core services.
- Contribute to the development of our iOS apps with the goal of making our members more successful.
- Implement native user interfaces using the latest iOS programming techniques.
- Use knowledge of iOS development to help guide design and engineering decisions.
- Work with product managers, designers and full-stack engineers to help shape the vision of our mobile and desktop products.
- Solve challenging engineering, scaling and performance issues.
- B.S. in Computer Science or extensive and relevant hands-on experience in software engineering.
- 4+ years building complex applications for the iPhone using Objective-C or Swift.
- Have worked on the development and deployment of beautiful, useful apps that are live in the App Store.
- A passion for code quality and craftsmanship.
- A developer excited to work for a highly disruptive company with a vibrant culture and an amazing workspace.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.