Senior Software Engineer - iOS at Latch (Remote)
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking an exceptional Senior Software Engineer to join our iOS team! You will be an integral part of the group that is responsible for the mission-critical Latch mobile applications. You will work within cross-functional feature teams and collaborate closely with firmware engineers, designers, and product managers. You will work on products and features that span software and hardware to create seamless user-experiences for building managers, residents, and service providers. We are constantly exploring ways to stretch the limits of mobile technologies using concepts such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), NFC, and CallKit.
- Design and build mobile applications & features used by property managers, residents, and service providers in modern buildings
- Leverage the entire mobile platform and on board hardware to solve complex problems
- Ensure your mobile applications perform and scale in production
- Build reusable components with elegant, intuitive interfaces
- Work within cross-disciplinary groups to tackle complex use cases and interactions
- Provide a fun and collaborative work environment that fosters innovation
- Recruit and lead a team iOS Engineers
- Coach and develop team members in their careers
- BS (Required) / MS / PHD in Computer Science or related field
- At least 7 years of professional software development experience
- Expertise in Swift and the iOS SDK
- Strong understanding of software design, architecture, data-structures, multi-threading, testing, security, and performance
- Deep curiosity to learn new technologies, explore new ideas, and passion to implement them
- Experience releasing and managing iOS apps in the Apple App Store
- Bonus: Experience developing software for devices that use Bluetooth Low Energy in both a Central and Peripheral role
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 400+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Latch has over 100 employees and is subject to OSHA guidelines that require all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applicant Privacy Notice