As a Senior Engineer, you’ll join our Discovery team to help shape the future of learning. Our mobile apps play a key role in our mission to bring learning to everyone–on-the-go, offline, in your pocket, and even on your TV. You'll be responsible for building core, simple yet elegant features that are used by our iOS apps from users around the world, improving performance, and for architecting solutions that underpin the product at scale.
As a member of the Discovery team, you will define how Skillshare users can find the best learning content that our subscription service has to offer. Alongside our company’s key strategies, you will bring our consumer experience to life on our apps.
You’ll be joining a team that’s passionate about technology, building products that we’re proud of, and upholding a strong, collaborative team culture. We're excited to meet you.
What You'll Do:
- Build core features, like home and search, to shape our fast-growing product
- Architect simple solutions to complex challenges
- Collaborate with the product and design team to define the vision for content discovery on Skillshare
Why We're Excited About You:
- 4+ years experience building user-facing and production-level apps
- Pro knowledge of the iOS development environment, including both Swift and Objective-C
- Passion and talent for building great user experiences
- Start-up experience is a bonus
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: The mobile team ideates and iterates quickly with everyone on the team feeling empowered with ownership of the apps.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community for creatives. We have thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people, and millions of members who come together to find inspiration and take the next step in their creative journey. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We’re proud to be recognized as a top place to work by BuiltinNYC (#BI-Remote), Crain’s, and Forbes, in addition to being one of the five best places to work for women by Bpeace, and a top-rated workplace for dads by Fatherly. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.