Senior Software Engineer - Java - New York Hub at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:51 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our New York City office - it’s up to you.
Our engineering and product teams are organized around our hubs for community and collaboration. Work anywhere means you can work at home or the office on any given day. Your product hub is based on the primary location of your product. You should live within one timezone of your product hub. Our current product hubs are Pleasanton, Columbus, Boston, NYC, Raleigh, and Toronto.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is eager to build in a fast-paced, startup environment inside a stable, profitable company. Our teams are solving complex problems that impact the speed and effectiveness of the life sciences industry. In this role, you’ll jump right in, develop in rapid sprints, and find quickly that we don’t believe in throwaway technology. You build it -- we ship it.
You have extensive experience in Java applications and the latest open source technologies. Ideal candidates have worked in enterprise software development or for a high-growth technology company.
What You'll Do
- Rapidly build new applications on an existing, robust enterprise platform
- Build new cloud infrastructure from scratch following the best practices in software development
- Drive new features and improvements in a fast-changing environment
- Partner with product management, design, and QA to deliver cutting-edge solutions and direct value to our customers
- Work on multiple layers of our stack including backend (primary), front-end, and DevOps
- Mentor junior engineers
- 5+ years experience in Java, preferably at an enterprise cloud software company
- Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment
- Hands-on experience with open source technologies such as: Spring, MySQL, JOOQ, Solr, GraphQL, Redis, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Mockito, Tomcat, Linux, AWS, Vagrant, Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with messaging based design pattern
- Familiarity with Linux and shell environments
- 3+ years of experience in relational databases with a mastery of SQL
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Veeva Announces MyVeeva to Enable Patient-centric Clinical Trials
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.