Senior Software Engineer: Kubernetes at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want people who are passionate about helping developers build and deploy real world applications.
DigitalOcean’s PaaS organization enables customers to easily build highly scalable creative applications and services on our cloud platform. We serve a passionate developer community that has grown to love our intuitive simple design, easily configurable infrastructure, and intuitive tutorials helping craft and run their software in the cloud.
As an engineer on the DigitalOcean Container team, you will be responsible for continuing to build the DigitalOcean Kubernetes and Container Registry products. You’ll be a member of a team building a Kubernetes platform to enable developers to easily deploy and orchestrate their containerized workloads.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop the DigitalOcean Managed Kubernetes.
- Develop the DigitalOcean Container Registry.
- Collaborating to build intuitive, delightful experiences for developers as they engage with DigitalOcean and partner products and services.
- Developing back-end gRPC services written in Go deployed on DigitalOcean Kubernetes.
- Designing back-end service and authoring engineering design documents.
- Technical evaluation and integration with third party tools and services.
- Running experiments to optimize user experience and increase adoption of Kubernetes & Container Registry products.
- Mentoring other engineers.
- Collaborating with team leads across DigitalOcean engineering to find improvements to our internal systems and clarify dependencies.
- Finding emerging tools, trends and methodologies and showing your team how to integrate them against existing systems and processes.
- Experience with Go, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with API development and interactions with data stores such as MySQL.
- Passion for shipping well-engineered and tested code.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- A strong interest and obsession with building quality software focused on enabling developers to iterate on their ideas.
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company and excitement to use our products in your projects (if you haven’t already!)
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!