Senior Software Engineer - Marketplace at Squarespace
Squarespace Marketplace connects customers with qualified, independent professionals to build or update their sites.
To increase its value to Squarespace, serve more customers across various services and ensure a best-in-class experience for all participants, we’re seeking a Senior Fullstack Software Engineer to join this exciting new team. If you enjoy taking ownership of product initiatives and carrying them from concept to production, we want to hear from you!
You will report to our Team Lead, Marketplace in our NYC Headquarters.
- Develop, maintain, and grow Marketplace applications.
- Collaborate with engineers, designers and product owners to create a customer-focused experience.
- Practices disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, and writing beautiful, readable code)
- Encourage the technical growth of your team and teammates
- Contribute to technical decision making
- 5+ years of experience building and managing reliable, usable, and performant web applications
- Experience using different types of datastores such as Postgres, Mongo, Redis, and Elasticsearch
- An understanding of best practices across software lifecycle, from development to deployment and testing
- Experience and interest in mentorship through code reviews and technical discussions
- Experience working collaboratively with stakeholders, product owners and users
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,100 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.