Senior Software Engineer (Mobile)
Want to build a product that uses data to see and make sense of the future?
If you are a passionate coder who wants to make an impact working on a product that clients love, we’d want to talk with you.
At CB Insights, we build products that help clients make sense of the future and drive their businesses forward, using data. Our systems retrieve large amounts of structured and unstructured data, uses scientific methods to extract knowledge and insights from the data and presents the data through a sophisticated dynamic user interface which enables the user to find answers to their most important questions.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Mobile and Web) to join an exceptional team in our New York City office. The ideal candidate for this role is experienced developing mobile apps for iOS and Android with the React Native framework as well as experienced developing Web applications using React. Familiarity with other mobile technologies such as Swift, Java/Kotlin or Flutter is a plus. You will be working as part of a development team with a product owner and other engineers to design, build, test and maintain mobile and web apps that are part of the CB Insights platform.
Much of our software team has been with us for several years, despite a white hot tech market with options galore. We attribute this to our collaborative teach and learn culture where the role evolves with your interests.
If this sounds interesting to you, reach out and join CB Insights now!
- Develop features for our next generation market intelligence platform on a small Agile team.
- Consistently and frequently deliver solutions that are well-engineered, maintainable, tested within the agreed upon timeframe.
- Perform code reviews and sprint planning, help to identify opportunities and work through challenges and share knowledge with your colleagues.
- Collaborate with the product team to understand business requirements.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or similar; advanced degrees also acceptable ;-)
- 4+ years experience developing commercial iOS and Android (preferably using React Native)
- 2+ years working with React/React-native
- 5+ years working in an Agile team (XP/Scrum/Kanban, ++)
- Experience detecting memory leaks and CPU bottlenecks
- Must be comfortable working with a version control system, preferably Git
- Proficiency developing in a Mac/Linux environment
- Believer in Lean and Agile values and principles for building software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience building data visualizations will be preferred
- Helpful Humble Human
- Love for experimentation
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for. Perks and Benefits:
- Subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with up to 4% match
- $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Daily lunch stipend
Happy, Helpful, Humble, and Hungry: Check out more about our company culture here.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000!