Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
As an engineer on the Patient Experience team, you'll build the products and technology that will enable Ro to expand medical care access to millions of Americans. This team is focused on building awareness and consideration of Ro for our potential members. We’re enabling patients to seamlessly begin treatment on Ro’s platform, while also developing a robust member experience to ensure continuity of care. As a part of this team, you will do much more than just write code - you’ll be an integral part of the entire product development process, from ideation through delivery and iteration. Your work will be seen by and directly impact all of Ro’s members and will be integral to Ro’s success.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build large-scale, distributed, highly available, well-tested, and easily managed applications
- Build across the full stack, from the backend APIs to front end-user interfaces, to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Work with a cross-functional team to identify and define features that will solve complex member pain points in a manner that is easy to understand and explain.
- Iterate on ideas quickly from brainstorming sessions, through proof of concept towards delivering the final version
- Become deeply familiar with the challenges we’re solving for members and the technical approaches we’ve taken
- Mentor engineers from both technical and career lenses
- Steer process improvements and technical best practices as we continue to grow our distributed team
What you bring to the team:
- 4+ years of engineering experience with a good understanding of how to design robust and scalable services
- A solid background in writing understandable, testable, and efficient code
- Familiarity with relevant tools and technologies, with a drive to stay up-to-date with ongoing changes and advancements
- Clear communication around technical concepts and ideas and the ability to collaborate with engineering and other parts of the organization
- Startup experience
- Familiar with HIPAA
- Familiar with Python and/or Django
Benefits + Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.