About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms, and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us:
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for a senior engineer for our Payment Services team . This team is at the heart of our order-taking infrastructure. We are looking to bolster this team by adding engineers experienced in building out fault-tolerant, high performance systems. This team is perfect for individuals that are detail oriented, and have the desire to work on mission critical systems.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop highly-available, fault-tolerant core features on our ordering platform
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technologists to deliver features that make our users excited to use our products
- Be a proponent for improving our platform, processes, and tools
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming, or Engineering related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable, consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to mentor/coach engineers
- Experience overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Knowledge of, or experience with developing distributed systems
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB)
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them
- Remote Working. No need to be NYC or Chicago based feel free to work remotely from the comfort of your home.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.