At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
People Management Tools (PMT) team is responsible for managing an employee’s lifecycle at a company right from pre-onboarding to termination. This includes providing companies with all the necessary tools at each step to operate with greater efficiency and confidence by automating and monitoring different employee management workflows. With rapid increase in remote work and distributed nature of companies, our tools such as document e-signature, remote onboarding, and PTO have become the bread and butter of our customers and some of the primary reasons why customers love Justworks.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer, who is passionate about working in a high growth fast paced environment, who can help us build the vision of a feature rich, user friendly, and secure people management platform. We are currently in the process of transforming our backend into a distributed, scalable API driven architecture. As a senior technical contributor, you will play a leading role in this transformation by designing and developing the backend service layer.
You will be a part of a small yet mighty team and work on customer facing high impact projects. As a senior member of the team you will apply your experience with technology to creatively push the boundaries of what’s possible for our team, elevating Justworks’ technological foundation. We take great pride in serving our customers with solutions that are elegant, simple and useful.
If this sounds exciting to you, let's talk!What You'll Do
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Collaborate with product and design on all aspects of product development
- Scope work and coordinate efforts with other engineers on the team
- Provide guidance and mentorship for other engineers on the team and across other teams
- Take lead on projects and help grow the team by interviewing prospective candidates
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience working with complicated systems at scale
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience architecting, owning and leading technical projects
- Experience building APIs and webhooks
- Passionate about building scalable and resilient systems
- Excellent communication skills and empathetic
- Self-motivated and a go-getter attitude
- ElasticSearch, Docker, InfluxDB, Redshift, Jenkins, Nagios
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment