Senior Software Engineer: Personalization and Engagement (E-commerce) at Peloton
Peloton is hiring a Senior Software Engineer to serve as a Technical lead on a newly forming team. The team is focused on creating and expanding Peloton’s web presence by engaging customers with unique stories through personalized content.
As owners of the product, we obsess over the customer. Market research, user research, A/B testing, data analysis, et al, all inform product and new development, creating ecommerce experiences that can be utilized across inside sales, retail and marketing, and are metrics-driven. As engineers, we build an engineering environment that is scalable and easy to work with, continuously improving our tools and processes for development, release, testing, monitoring, et al.IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Lead a team of 4-6 engineers
- Work with tools like Typescript, React, Next.js, and styled-components
- Consume our internal Python and Kotlin APIs
- Own full lifecycle, from ideation and discovery through deployment and support
- Utilize and expand on various content tools to create a personalized user experience
- Envision and build scalable, reusable components that improve both user and dev experience
- Be an enthusiastic and invested partner with the design and product leadsVet and build new engagement features
- Promote clean code through continuous refactoring while developing features
- Create and foster a stable, scalable Agile environment
- Create and foster a team dynamic of positivity, inclusivity, transparency, learning and trust
- Pair and mob and mentor and grow
- Have a voice that is valued
- ~8 years of web development experience
- Experience mentoring and leading small teams
- Passion for building consumer-facing websites
- Expertise in:
- Industry best practices and web standards
- React, Next.js, Vue or similar JS frameworks
- Personalized content
- Passion for:
- Building for scale and performance
- Web accessibility and best practices
- Keeping up to date with the latest tech
- Smart UI and design
- Repurposable code
- An agile mindset that embraces iterative design.
- Experience delivering products in collaboration with UX, Design, Product and of course other engineering teams.
- Have background in Python, Kotlin, Java or similar
- Have contributed to a Design System
- Participate in an Open Source project(s)
- Enjoy tech talks, katas, lunch and learns, and geeking over programming languages, architecture, category theory, agile, or whatever engineering topic you are passionate about
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.