Senior Software Engineer, Platform Infrastructure at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We're looking for a Senior Engineer for our Platform Infrastructure team. The Platform Infrastructure (PLATI) team is primarily tasked with improving developer productivity and happiness when working on Braze’s core Ruby on Rails monolithic application, primarily by improving foundational components that all other teams rely on for their product development.
You will help us refactor functionality into more isolated components, upgrade and replace foundational dependencies -- including figuring out ideal testing strategies to be confident about such far reaching changes -- improve foundational functionality like caching, serialization, and other central features, and improve the performance of foundational systems like async jobs. Outside of the direct code, we will want to reduce costs, improve CI/CD performance and resulting artifact sizes, and many other efforts that impact the entire engineering organization in building features that handle 10s of billions of messages daily!
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success
- Have strong and good opinions about how code should be written, as well as good development practices
- Experience with refactoring legacy codebases into more productive components for large teams, or more broadly transforming a monolith into “micro” services
- Excellent communication skills and a user-centric attitude
- Calm, patient, considerate, compassionate, supportive, and encouraging
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple streams of work at once
- Experience with agile processes and tools such as JIRA
- Beneficial experiences: Ruby on Rails, Jenkins, Buildkite, React, Typescript, Mongo, Redis, Sidekiq / async job queues
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.