Platform Engineering creates the technology, tools, and services that enable engineers across Peloton to build faster and scale safely, with minimal effort. By maximizing developer velocity and simplifying the ability for our engineers to scale in a safe and performant manner, we enable engineers to innovate faster, accelerating Peloton's mission to use technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers with expertise in microservices and infrastructure who are passionate about joining this mission. You will have an opportunity to join one of many areas of Platform Engineering: Developer Experience, Data Platform, User Platform, and Core Engineering. In addition, this role brings exciting architectural opportunities as you will help Peloton move to domain-oriented microservices, creating critical microservices using Kotlin, GraphQL, and a range of other leading-edge technologies. You will not just build these services, but also partner with other engineers across Peloton to implement the technologies we need to grow our traffic and data 100-fold over the next five years.What You'll Do
- Develop backend and microservices using a variety of technologies across our technical stack (see “Who You Are” for more details)
- Advance our developer tooling ecosystem (CI/CD, Declarative Infrastructure, Token Services, Developer Portal) with an eye towards reducing friction and speeding feedback for engineers
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability and performance
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair/mob programming and leading white boarding solutions, team discussions, and task breakdown
- Promote iterative development to deliver bug-free code, using best practices such as rate-limiting, fault-tolerance, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, and observability in order to ensure confidence in our platform
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture discussions, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality
- Become an expert in the Platform domain, working closely with our Platform PMs and PMs and engineers across other departments in Platform and Peloton
- Ability to collaborate with both remote and in-person teams
- 3+ years of software development experience recommended
- Familiar with application and microservices frameworks (Spring Boot or similar)
- Good understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles
- Passion for building fault-tolerant, scalable services, including use observability data to improve performance, scalability and overall service integrity
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things
- Ability to contribute positively in a high-growth, constantly evolving environment
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.