Senior Software Engineer, Platform Services at Meetup
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
As the standard platform for millions of meetups around the world, engineers at Meetup have to build and iterate at a fast pace to deliver the user experience that organizers and members need to manage and engage with their real-life communities. Our ideas become experiments, successful experiments become features at scale, and features drive even more usage of our platform and increase the need for scalability and reliability.
The Developer Platform team is responsible for building, maintaining, and supporting systems, processes, tools, documentation, and standards focused on making engineers more productive when building within Meetup's Service-Oriented Architecture. We are quickly moving from a monolithic legacy system to microservices built using Serverless architectures, specifically the AWS Lambda ecosystem.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our team.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Have 4+ years' experience in building scalable and reliable back-end services and Internet-facing APIs
- Have knowledge and experience in Architecture and patterns for resilient distributed systems, such as Circuit Breakers, Timeouts, Service Discovery, Distributed Tracing/Debugging, etc.
- Have experience building production systems that are observable
- Have experience in multiple different technologies, protocols, and architecture styles for RPC, such as REST, gRPC, GraphQL, HTTP+JSON, Thrift, Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Have experience with cloud computing services such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Have experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, and Ansible
- Love writing quality code driven by tests, and leaving the code base better than how you found it
- Have successfully mentored engineers in your team
Learn more about Meetup’s engineering principles: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?