Senior Software Engineer, Platforms
Our mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our software platform helps physicians manage complex patient treatments in cancer centers. It also empowers life science companies and academic researchers across the country so they can use real-world oncology data at a scale and clinical depth never before seen, advance patient care, and accelerate scientific discovery.
Are you interested in building elegant and scalable systems to help our customers unleash the power of their data? As a Platform Software Engineer you will design and implement backend components such as services, data stores, infrastructure, instrumentation, and deployment tools. You will continuously ship new features for our cloud based infrastructure.
You will empower Flatiron’s engineering team to scale both as we grow and iterate on new products. You will work on large, web-based and data processing applications. You will be responsible for the extensibility of reliable, scalable infrastructure that is used by multiple engineering teams and products.
Some of these things might describe you:
- You hold a BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or related field
- You have worked with a range of languages and technologies. You apply proper tooling for the problem, having strong experience with languages like Python, C++, Java, C#, or Go
- You are passionate about performance, reliability, and scalability of systems
- You are passionate about our mission to improve healthcare through technology
- You have developed systems, infrastructure and tooling for processing large datasets and/or have developed scalable high-availability web applications
- You have a good understanding of different data storage technologies and tradeoffs in one or more of: Postgresql, MySQL, MSSQL, HDFS, Hadoop, NoSQL, RedShift, ElasticSearch, etc…
- You are excited about accelerating the velocity of the entire engineering organization by developing new capabilities
- You are a strong advocate for the collection, measurement and interpretation of results: performance optimization, capacity planning, diagnostics
- You have taken a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- H-1B Transfer Sponsorship for qualified applicants with flexible start dates.