As a member of Peloton’s Product API team you’ll be the one powering every user experience across Bike, Tread, mobile, web, TV and beyond, across the world. We help users take live and on-demand classes, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, and much more. We are building an API that changes people’s lives.The Role
We are looking for collaborative, senior engineers with an emphasis on microservices. You'll help guide our efforts in building services for our backend API. You will work with the team to break out services relevant to our expanding business domains and produce high quality, reliable software for our internal and external users.
You are someone who thinks about simplicity, and works to provide solutions that reduce the complexity across services. You are team-focused and prioritize collective learning in addition to solving problems. You build collective ownership amongst the team by contributing to code reviews, designs, whiteboarding, and pair-programming.Expectations
In your first weeks, you’ll learn about our API and start to familiarize yourself with some of the challenges that we are facing. You'll contribute to our existing efforts to build a service-oriented architecture and split out services from the monolithic application. In addition, you’ll be a lead as we think about our international strategy.
In the following months you'll start contributing to major features and evaluate how they can fit into a service-oriented architecture. You'll help make the tough decisions around migrating code and databases, and transition traffic from our monolith to our new services and ensure their success. Finally, you'll help educate new team members and promote ways to improve quality across all our services at scale.Requirements
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience of developing software in a microservice environment at scale
- Strong understanding of microservice messaging (Kafka, MQ, SNS/SQS, Avro, Protobuf/gRPC, Thrift)
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes/Docker
- Strong understanding of RDBMS, specifically Postgres
- Experience with a non-RDBMS databases (DynamoDB, ElasticSearch)
- Experience with data modeling across different services
- Building, testing, deploying, and monitoring services
- Understand HTTP, TCP, SSL in API and client contexts
- Experience developing with Python and/or Kotlin
- Experience writing APIs for client applications (web, mobile, TV, hardware)
- Nice to Have Experience:
- Strong networking skills, UDP, ICE/STUN/TURN
- Kernel/systems code experience
- SRE/DevOps experience
- Apollo GQL tooling (Graph Manager)
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in our New York City HQ once it is safe to re-open our offices.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.