Senior Software Engineer, Product
Code Climate is the world's largest code quality platform, helping over 80,000 developers improve the health of their codebases. Our platform provides automated analysis, workflow integration, and insights to help teams ship quality code faster and more confidently.
We're looking for collaborative, detail-oriented people who are ready for a challenge. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to take significant ownership of technical projects that will drive the success of the overall business. Strong candidates will bring strong product and technical acumen, combined with the ability to move fast (and fix things).Examples of problems you'll be solving:
- Improving user experiences that software developers depend on during their day-to-day workflow
- Customizing our static analysis systems, like building new Code Climate Engines, or allowing users to tune things to their liking
- Optimizing the performance of components for both latency and throughput
- Monitoring all of the above in a scalable way (We all do ops, so we depend on automation)
- Contributing to and collaborating on Open Source software
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience and are comfortable writing code in Ruby (and using Rails).
- You care about building maintainable, efficient, clean code.
- You care deeply about uptime and reliability.
- You love helping other developers work more effectively and have Open Source contributions that show it.
- You are able to take responsibility for projects end-to-end from idea to completion.
- Other people at the companies you worked for wanted you on their projects.
- Join a small team of around 18 full-time people who love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and maternity/paternity leave.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee and 50% of dependent EPO premiums, as well as a portion of PPO premiums for employees and dependents. Dental and vision premiums are covered at 100% for employees and 50% for dependents.
- Work from home one day a week, if desired.
- Company retreats twice a year. So far we've gone to Bali and San Diego.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending tech conferences.
- Interact with our software developer customers regularly, on GitHub, Twitter, at conferences, etc.
- The best technology to get your job done. A new laptop of choice, and (practically) whatever else you need.
- Dog-friendly office stocked with snacks, drinks and cold-brew iced coffee.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.