Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will solve problems of scale, security, performance, and user experience across several products and domains. You’ll work closely with product, design, and engineers to design and execute platform critical solutions on both new and legacy codebases. You’ll be expected to mentor and work with other engineers utilizing pair programming/mobbing and support the engineering organization with top software design, delivery, and operational practices.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Have 5+ years' experience in building scalable and reliable back-end services and Internet-facing APIs
- Have experience in Agile/XP practices (TDD/Pairing/Continuous Integration) and interest in mentoring others on it
- Have strong experience building and maintaining client facing applications and their underlying apis
- Have experience building production systems that are observable
- Have experience with cloud computing services
- Have previous experience mentoring others, in formal or informal capacities
- Ideally have experience or exposure to Graphql
- Ideally have experience or exposure to React
- Love writing quality code and leaving the code base better than how you found it
We use Typescript, and NodeJS, and predominantly deploy to AWS on Fargate and Lambda. Knowledge of AWS, Fargate, or Lambda isn’t necessary as long as you are excited to learn.
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?