Senior Software Engineer, Quality Infrastructure at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Job Type: Full time
Minimum Experience Required: 3 years
What you’ve done before:
You are a skilled software engineer with a passion for code quality, building scalable and reliable systems, and engineering efficiency. You have a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including commonly used algorithms and data structures, and have demonstrated excellent problem solving skills. You have experience working with containers in a cloud environment, and are familiar with distributed systems using a microservices architecture. You have built and scaled automation frameworks for front-end and/or back-end services and APIs. You enjoy focusing on iterative improvement, continuous learning, and collaborating with other engineers to improve quality practices. A successful candidate will be a well-rounded software engineer with experience in the creation of test automation frameworks, development of shared quality tooling, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
- Start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr delivers breaking news in seconds across mobile, web and email.
- Get up to speed on our tech stack and infrastructure with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- Contribute to the development of our test tooling and infrastructure.
- Participate in strategy and design discussions to ensure testing frameworks & additional test tooling will cover testing needs and deliver high-quality products.
- Assist in achieving test coverage by building testing frameworks for Unit Testing, API/Integration Testing, Contract Testing, Functional Testing, Load and Performance and other testing approaches.
- Mentor more junior members of our growing team.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- flexible hours and generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-KP#LI-REMOTE
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.