Senior Software Engineer, Quality
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we're unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 3 out of 4 teachers in the U.S., Canada, and Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven't heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
The Quality Team is helping put TpT’s resources at the center of the classroom by collecting as much signal as possible from our teacher-authors about the intent for their resources. For example: how does it align to educational standards (e.g. Common Core, TEKs, SOLs, ISTE, NGSS)? What are the teaching methods used? What are the learning objectives? This team will provide innovative engineering and product solutions to these challenges ensuring that TpT can fulfill its mission to empower educators to teach at their best.
If you’re interested in diving deep into understanding the evolving K-12 educational landscape, working closely with teachers and principals to support learning, and solving interesting engineering problems around data, analytics, and product design, then this team is a great fit for you.
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience with building, scaling, and monitoring resilient systems
- Enjoys working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Comfortable with mentoring teammates, communicating, and teaching your learnings
Extra Credit for:
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.