Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We’re building the next generation of SaaS Products for end to end data protection. Our products leverage AI/ML based federated analytics to deliver actionable insights to enable our customers to grow their business. This is a great opportunity for talented and curious engineers who enjoy learning and experimenting with new technologies to develop innovative solutions. We are seeking Senior Engineers to join the R&D product engineering team.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Write your code to the highest standards with a strong focus on data privacy, and security controls
- Lead and deliver full E2E features that requires both coding in Back End & Front End
- Evaluate new technologies with a view to improving the tech stack for the product
- Participate in design meetings
- Communicate with clients
- Lead epics end to end - working with Product and the R&D team
- Conduct code reviews and pushing for quality
- Coach junior members of the team
- Working in a highly dynamic agile environment
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience with Python; experience with React is desirable
- 4+ years of experience architecting products and solutions
- Experience with UI\UX
- Experience working with Scrum\Agile methodology
- Development of enterprise grade products
- Knowledge of Docker or Kubernetes is desirable
- Knowledge of public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure) is desirable
- Deliver full features into production environment
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.