Senior Software Engineer, Salesforce Technology
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is building a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries, and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
The mission of Product Offerings & Growth is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Product Offerings & Growth covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
Here are some examples of the objectives that our team is trying to achieve:
- Shorten the product to market time across WeWork’s portfolio.
- Drive up revenue through data-driven price optimization.
- Launch tailored flexible product offerings to enterprise and mid-market members.
- Improve retention and reduce unexpected churn.
- Scale our contract/subscription service to accommodate future products and initiatives.
You’ll be a contributing engineer spending most of your time solving technical and product problems with other engineers and other disciplines. You will be expected to:
- Deliver high-quality code that impacts the bottom line of the business
- Drive technical solutions to strategic initiatives
- Design stable and performant APIs
- Help steer technical decisions about infrastructure and architecture
- Model engineering excellence and collaborative processes
- 4+ years of professional experience in full stack Software Engineering
- 2+ years of professional experience in salesforce development with Apex
- Comprehensive knowledge with Ruby, Python, Java or other similar OOO languages
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Comprehensive Experience designing , implementing and integrating with REST API
- Ability to work in an Agile environment
- Ability to collaborate with other engineering teams and work cross functionally (alongside product, design and QA)
Nice to have
- Salesforce Lightning development experience
- Comfortable working with frameworks such as React.js or Angular
- Experience with GIT and CI/CD tools
- Salesforce Certifications Force.com Developer
- Strong interest in modeling complex problems and distributed systems
- Strong interest in scalable, future-proof architecture