Senior Software Engineer: Security Products at Gemini
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Engineering
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but it’s run like a tech startup, and engineering is the core of the company. There’s a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini – from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
All of Gemini’s engineers are able to work across the software platform, not just on their own specialization or subteam. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering software.
The Role: Software Engineer for Security Products
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer to represent security within the engineering team. This includes educating other developers on secure coding practices and developing security solutions to support the platform and make it easier for fellow Engineers to more easily develop secure code. This role can be based in our New York, or Portland, Oregon offices.
- Working with product, design and other engineering teams to deliver simple solutions for application developers.
- Cultivating a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently and learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Setting performance goals for team members; evaluating performance; providing coaching and facilitating professional development.
- Recruiting and hiring world-class engineers to work on Gemini’s products.
- Significant software engineering experience designing and building products in the Security space.
- Good verbal, written communication, problem-solving skills with a strong sense of ownership
- Demonstrated ability to lead positive change; empowering people and cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions.
- Sound business judgment, with a proven ability to influence others and make excellent decisions.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities in collaboration with peers.
- A customer focused empathy and understanding of the challenges that face developers when using an application development platform, with a vision for how great tooling can secure and improve their work.
- Strong understanding of secure development principles and frameworks.
- Experience securing CI/CD, including solutions such as static and dynamic analysis tools.
- Experience with functional programming languages and paradigms, especially Scala
- Understanding of modern application development and architectures.
- Experience working with large scale software projects, repositories and cross functional development teams
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.