Senior Software Engineer (Security) at DigitalOcean (Remote)
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about making the internet a safer place for everyone.
We are looking for a creative engineer to solve high-scale security problems. Reporting to the Manager of Security Engineering, the Senior Security Software Engineer will find innovative ways to bring security-focused products and services to our internal engineering teams, and our customers.
Our customers trust us with their data and operations, and we take that responsibility seriously. Security at DO means solving incredibly complex problems at a high-scale that have real impact for our customers, our products, and for the larger internet community.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build and maintain security platforms and services, for both internal and external use.
- Develop and deploy security capabilities at scale, using languages such as Go and Ruby, and tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, and Chef.
- Research and design automated approaches to reducing the risk of fraud, abuse, and misuse of the DigitalOcean products and services.
- Partner with engineering teams to make sure that we deliver an excellent and secure workflow spanning development, deployment, and production monitoring.
- Design customer-impacting security applications and services that advance DigitalOcean’s ability to help our customers improve their security posture.
- Work with product and engineering teams to design and implement secure architectures.
- Design and build internal tools that enable our Security Operations Center to do more, faster.
- Consistently improve security as the platform scales, driving continuous improvement through data collection and correlation, being mindful that security should be an efficiency enabler for the business - not an obstacle.
- Software engineering experience (you can write robust code with good test coverage and can point to specific examples of projects you’ve successfully delivered in the past) and expertise with at least one programming language.
- A high degree of curiosity, with a desire to understand a problem deeply.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (you can explain your thought process and you write good documentation.)
- Interest in security and a desire to build secure by default services and applications
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Security #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Security team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!