Senior Software Engineer - Security
Squarespace is looking for a self-driven engineer to come on board and own major portions of our security initiatives in both our production and corporate environments. You will work closely with teams across the organization to build programs and processes that secure the platform powering millions of websites. You’ll act as a subject matter expert on all things security across the engineering organization.
- Evangelizing security within Squarespace
- Identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
- Architecting, designing, implementing, supporting and evaluating security-focused tools and services
- Advising and consulting on risk assessment, threat modeling and fixing vulnerabilities
- Developing security policies and procedures
- Evaluating and recommending new and emerging security products and technologies
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP/HTTPS)
- Diverse range of security experience at the enterprise level (information, application, network, and IT)
- Experience protecting against and mitigating real world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc)
- Intimate understanding of OWASP Top 10 Application security vulnerabilities.
- Strong Linux fundamentals and ability to analyze data with security tool sets.
- Ability to operate in both a red and blue team capacity with a strong focus on research.
- Fluency in common web technologies and engineering workflows.
- Basic understanding of data models, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment