About the team
Harry’s Services Team builds and maintains a suite of solutions that can power eCommerce sites for multiple brands in multiple regions. We are a small, autonomous team with grand ambitions. We make decisions empirically and we choose the right solutions for the job.
About the role
As a senior software engineer you will be deeply involved with all of our most important projects. From building new microservices to evaluating new technologies. You’ll work with other engineers to identify problems, develop solutions, and write code that is effective, maintainable, performant, and reliable.
What you will accomplish
- You will contribute code and documentation to services projects. You will test your own work and that of others. You will identify edge cases and manage them gracefully.
- You will swiftly and intelligently respond to issues as they arise. Identifying the best course of action over both the short term and long.
- You will suggest improvements to our stack that reduce complexity, increase consistency, and improve performance.
This should describe you
- You have professional experience using TypeScript or Node for API development. You’ve worked with microservices. You have an understanding of infrastructure as code. You’ve worked with popular AWS solutions like Lambdas and API Gateway.
- You’re a problem solver, someone who is sought to help break down problems and brainstorm solutions to the trickiest of issues.
- You’re someone that is happy to document your work so that it can be shared and used to elevate the whole team.
- You’re humble. You accept all feedback with grace, internalize it and take the appropriate steps to move forward and take action.
- You’re someone who we can always count on to be 100% reliable. You always go above and beyond our expectations and deliver your work in a timely fashion.
- You foster a sense of community by proactively welcoming new talent, new perspectives, and new ideas in your day-to-day and cross-functional work.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, Services
- Working on the Services Team
- Working with Services Engineers, Product Management, Data Engineering, and Web Engineering
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered and able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter and your Hiring Manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized and able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more. #BI-Remote