Senior Software Engineer - Trading Systems at Clear Street
The Clear Street Markets team adds liquidity and transparency to electronic markets across the globe.
Our cross discipline team holds degrees in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, and Statistics. We share ideas and collaborate to maximize our differing experiences and backgrounds. Our team finds inspiration everywhere, including academia and parallel industries, sparking our next great ideas.
As a Senior Software Engineer focusing on trading system development, you will work closely with the traders, researchers, and engineers in your team and across the firm to understand, design, and implement solutions that enable our trading activities. You will lean on your experience designing high performance trading systems and implementing low latency software in modern C++. You will lead efforts to measure and improve system performance, resolve sources of latency, and improve stability as you extend reach and functionality. As a voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs.
Senior Software Engineer - Trading Systems Characteristics:
- You have a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science and deep foundational knowledge in low level computing.
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and implementing low latency trading systems where you have contributed highly optimized C++ and Python code to projects.
- You have the battle scars of an engineer that has designed and delivered super fast trading systems that connect to global markets. You fought to balance robustness, scalability, data throughput, and latency concerns and won.
- You are passionate about exploring new technologies and have demonstrated your ability to incorporate these finds into existing stacks.
- You live to move fast and release; developing with pace and velocity.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
Team Stack: C++, Python, Pandas, Postgres, Docker
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- An environment that champions collaboration and prioritizes pragmatic solutions to complex problems
- Work that is fast paced, intellectually challenging, and most of all, profoundly rewarding
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks