Senior Software Engineer, Web at Duolingo
Duolingo software engineers develop next-generation education technology that changes how over 300 million people around the world learn. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas in computer science, including natural language processing, machine learning, large-scale system design, web, iOS and Android development. As a web software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Duolingo’s needs, with opportunities to switch teams and projects as our fast-paced startup grows and evolves. You will develop applications primarily in TypeScript and React. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to innovate.
- Collaborate on software projects with product design and backend aspects.
- Develop, release, and maintain web applications.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables .
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of professional experience in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Solid understanding of web frontend concepts (DOM, rendering, AJAX, responsive design) and JS performance profiling
- Ability to work from or relocate to the Greater New York City area
Exceptional candidates will have:
- Experience writing production-quality code
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code