Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
We look for people who will help raise the bar for our entire engineering organization in terms of tech prowess, passion for collaboration and desire to mentor and educate fellow team members. We look for strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers with a bias for execution and we’ll expect you to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go.
Our Customer Experience Application (CXA) development team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for building reliable, scalable, and performant software to support the Stash mission. After four years of tremendous growth in the U.S., we’re expanding to the UK, and building a team who will create internal applications that improve the ways we help our customers Spend, Save, and Invest. As one of the first team members on the ground, you’ll partner with every department and have the flexibility to use your creative, problem-solving skills to improve the Stash process in near real-time.What you'll do:
- Architect, design, and implement internal software applications that support the Stash experience, including rich user interfaces, robust backend services, and amazing CLI tools
- Partner with every department to come up with new features and applications
- Own the end to end delivery of software components from inception to production
- Talk directly to the end-users on a daily basis
- Work in a cross-functional agile team to deliver working software incrementally
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy what you build to our cloud-based infrastructure
- An experienced engineer with a track record of turning ideas into reliable code that others find easy to understand and modify
- Experience building RESTful APIs or GraphQL services
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
- A keen understanding of testing best practices (TDD is a plus!)
- Familiarity with or interest in Kotlin or Java
- Experience building distributed applications at scale
- Familiarity with or interest in our stack TypeScript, React.js, Node.js, Ruby, Rails, Scala, Kotlin, Postgres, SNS/SQS, Kafka, Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**