Senior Software Engineer
Q is building an operating system for physical space, backed by a comprehensive technology and service platform. Today, hundreds of companies in four cities trust Q to make their offices run better. We handle everything from catering to IT, to cleaning, plumbing and office supply management.
We also believe that creating good jobs is fundamental to our success. We treat all of our employees well — from software engineers to office cleaners. We know that 5-star service comes from talented, motivated people.
Engineering @ Q:
Our software engineers own problems end to end. We iterate quickly and we learn from setbacks. We hire people we can trust and we get out of their way. We find the best ideas from across the industry and apply them here. We work closely with our colleagues in design, in product management, and in other parts of the company.
Our stack is currently Python, Django, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Docker, React, Flux, and Swift. We frequently experiment with other tools. We welcome excellent people of all backgrounds regardless of whether they have experience with the technologies we use. We value both those who want to specialize in a particular area and those who like to work across the stack.
It’s early and there are lots of big decisions to make. If you’re interested in playing a formative role on a fast growing team, we’d love to talk.
A sample of what you might work on:
- Designing and building the APIs that power Q — across ordering, scheduling, fulfillment, customer service, and other areas
- Building the web and mobile control panels to help office managers run their offices
- Developing usable React components that help us iterate quickly across our tool set
- Building the mobile app that our employees use to manage their work at customer sites
- Working closely with business stakeholders to understand their needs and to build tools that give them superpowers