Senior Software Engineer
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate team work, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As a Sr. Software Engineer at TpT you will be working closely with our product team to use data to uncover and execute on new opportunities while scaling our systems as load, users, and transactions are rapidly increasing.
You'll be tackling problems big and small – from search & personalization to multi-service orchestration to building a resilient API.
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience with building, scaling, and monitoring resilient systems
- Comfortable working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Mentor teammates, communicate, and teach your learnings
- At least 5+ years of experience in development at scale
Extra Points for
- Experience with Ed-Tech, Marketplaces, Search, or Data-Powered Products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor